Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Poster Design

For this project we were asked to choose one of the four topics provided and then create an unique poster for the cause. The topic I chose was "Don't kill the world, use a _______." I did totally change the second phrase for my idea to work. I felt like the most challenging part of this project was finding the images that I wanted to use with my idea. It seemed like no pre-existing image matched the idea that was in my head. However, I kept searching and compromised on a few images including: two Photoshop images and three vector/ Illustrator images. The final product is shown below.

My idea behind the poster was that we, as a community, could come together to save the Earth's fresh water supply. By sharing a shower more water is saved on a daily basis. I went with a minimalistic approach because I felt it better suit the purpose. I am not a fan of posters that have too much going on, I find them distracting. I used Indesign to ultimately put this poster together with surprising ease. All in all, even thought the product is different than I imagined, I still consider it a success. It is humorous with a touch of seriousness that keeps it in a perfect balance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment