Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Logo Design

When we were initially asked to come up with a logo I had no idea where to even begin. How do I know what is appropriate, should it just be my initials, what represents me? All these questions were running through my head. Eventually I just sat down and started doodling. I used my initials to create different shapes and tried to even make images out of them. I didn't really like any of the options I came up with when doing this. I ended up just drawing a circle and figuring out different ways to in cooperate my initials inside. This is what I came up with.
I was happy with the design to the right, it just needed to be smoothed out. I scanned it onto my computer and began working with it in illustrator. In my final design I decided to go with a red palate because I feel one of my most striking features is my red hair. In this way I in cooperated something that set me apart from the crowd within my logo. 
All in all I am pretty happy with the final design. I do wish I had been able to create a mesh gradient throughout the circle to give it a stone-like feel. 


No comments:

Post a Comment