Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Performance Art

For my performance art project I decided to try and give people a judge free moment to share their opinions. I did this by dressing in an outfit that would draw attention and standing still in the middle of the WestShore Mall. I had a Post-It note sign that read, "What would you say if you wouldn't be judged?" I also held a stack of Post-It notes and a Sharpie for people to write their feelings and stick on me. The performance did not go as I expected it would. There were more people who looked on from afar and would not participate than people that did. I was hoping to get some profound opinions from people, but there were very few. I noticed that when one person stepped out to participate, more followed suit. It was as if they were worried what others would think of them if they wrote anything.
I still feel that my performance raised awareness in the people who stopped to see what was going on. There is so much judgement in the world that people are afraid to be themselves and speak their minds.

Here are the results:








No comments:

Post a Comment